The two descriptions which follow are taken from ‘Somersetshire Delineated’, published in 1822 by Christopher and John Greenwood, Surveyors, a Tophographical Description of each Town, Parish, Chapelry, etc. in the county.
BREWHAM-SOUTH—a parish in the hundred of Bruton, 3 miles E. N. E. from Bruton ; containing 97 inhabited houses, and as many families, the whole of whom are employed in agriculture. The village is situated in a narrow vale by the side of the river Brew, over which there is a stone bridge of one arch. The church consists of a nave, chancel, north aisle, and porch, with a tower containing three bells. The living is a curacy ; Rev. John Dampier, incumbent; instituted 1813. Population, 1801, 470 — 1811, 508 — 1821, 600.
BREWHAM-NORTH—a parish separated from the above by the river Brew, which rises about half a mile from Brewham-Lodge,- an extra-parochial place, the property of Sir Richard Hoare, Bart. It contains 77 inhabited houses, and as many families, 68 of whom are employed in agriculture. At the Batts Farm, near Brewham-common, was formerly a chapel, but there are no remains of any ecclesiastical edifice at present. Population, 1801, no return — 1811, no return — 1821, 389.